Love Border Collies? Join us and try something exciting and fun
Our sheepdog handling courses/activities are designed for the absolute beginner or novice, you don't need to even ever owned a dog . we started in 2007,and offer a one-to-one and group displays it . makes a lovely gift for the dog lover ,
We have a team of working sheepdogs trained to work to a high standard with members of the public. On your experience you will handle a dog with sheep (under instruction) around a small course to test your new skills at the end of your session .
want to try it then ? [ sheepdog handling requires you to be fit enough to move away from the sheep if need be , and you will also have to walk across two fields that are uneven ground and sometimes wet or muddy ],Our dogs operate on a variety of commands which you will learn. The most fun is when you put your new skills into practice, however, as sheep can be a fickle animal at the best of times. They don't always do as instructed and this may be your greatest enjoyment! - either way we are sure you will have the most memorable time with us! note... SHEEPDOG EXPERIENCE IS WEEKDAYS ONLY, YOU WILL BE OUTSIDE IN A FIELD BUT WE DO HAVE A FIELD SHELTER WITH SOME CHAIRS FOR THE SPECTATORS , 07788298432 GIVE US A CALL OR EMAIL , .we also offer CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING,wedding parties hen parties . school parties , GALA AND SHOW DISPLAYS WITH OUR DESIGNER DUCKS ,education visits,hen or private parties TV FILMING ECT, ect ring for details / SOME WEEKEND DATES AVAILABLE for corporate days hen parties ect not sheepdog 1 to 1 experience,
As part of your sheepdog experience you could learn:
- A variety of verbal sheepdog commands.
- How to put sheepdog commands into working practice.
- don't worry you don't need to whistle
- A comprehensive[ 1 hour approximate ] experience is normally one dog and handler with or without your friends or family only , Mon /Fri ....... BUT large groups [ over 12 with spectators ] can sometimes have weekend bookings
- Tuition,can be one or two people handling one or two of our lovely sheepdogs . .
- AN EXTRA half hour session see how we start our young dogs off training £40. as an add on only after booking the one- to- one experience .
- booking in advance is Essential,spectators add £7 each
- for Corporate. Hen parties Kids parties with the runner ducks ,,county Team building, ect please get in touch for prices,
- FOR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS please ring and we will try to help
Credit Card Payments
we can accept most l major credit/ debit card payments or cleared chq , and you can book and pay on the phone, please note payments are not refundable and non transferable early booking are best
|One-to-One Tuition||approx hour session - £73|
|Spectators||£7 per person [ with the person booking only]|
|to book the half hour " young dog" training session as an ADD ON to the one- to- one session cost £40 extra, photo on right is your Lake District Sheepdog Experience Certificate. to take home .|
- Please ring 07788298432 or email us i.. for details on bookings -
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, PLEASE NOTE after that they are void.,, !
- Don't forget to bring suitable waterproofs and warm clothing. IF COLD WEATHER .
- Remember to bring stout waterproof, non-slip foot wear or Wellington boots and.you must be fit enough to move around the sheep
- Please think carefully before booking. If you have a fear/allergy of dogs, sheep or farm animals then this experience is not suitable for you .and don't have clothes that you mind getting muddy !
Dates AND TIMES booked CAN NOT BE CHANGED,you are booking that time SESSION ,, spectators are £7 per person , take photos yes ! but no filming sorry without permission. now we can offer TEAM BUILDING AND CORPORATE EVENTS , ask for details.......advance booking only , email firstname.lastname@example.org we have full public liability ins PLEASE NOTE . WE ARE . MONDAY TO FRIDAY FOR SHEEPDOG EXPERIENCE but corporate and hen parties ect can sometimes be done at a weekend please ring for prices and dates