Love Border Collies? Join us and try something exciting and fun
Our sheepdog handling courses/activities are designed for the absolute beginner or novice, you don't need to even ever owned a dog . we started in 2007,and offer a one-to-one and group displays it . makes a lovely gift for the dog lover ,
We have a team of working sheepdogs trained to work to a high standard with members of the public. On your experience you will handle a dog with sheep (under instruction) around a small course to test your new skills at the end of your session .
want to try it then ? [ sheepdog handling requires you to be fit enough to move away from the sheep if need be , and you will also have to walk across two fields that are uneven ground and sometimes wet or muddy ],Our dogs operate on a variety of commands which you will learn. The most fun is when you put your new skills into practice, however, as sheep can be a fickle animal at the best of times. They don't always do as instructed and this may be your greatest enjoyment! - either way we are sure you will have the most memorable time with us! note... SHEEPDOG EXPERIENCE IS WEEKDAYS ONLY, monday to friday , YOU WILL BE OUTSIDE IN A FIELD BUT WE DO HAVE A FIELD SHELTER WITH SOME CHAIRS FOR THE SPECTATORS , UPDATE .. SORRY NO DUCK HEARDING DUE TO THE GOV RULES WITH BIRD FLU ! .we also offer CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING, GALA AND SHOW DISPLAYS WITH OUR DESIGNER DUCKS ,education v TV FILMING ECT, ect ring for details / SOME WEEKEND DATES AVAILABLE for corporate days ect [ not sheepdog 1 to 1 experience, ] see us on TRIPADVISOR.....please note we are licenced by the south lakeland council 2019 no EX039702 A P LICENCE inc teaching /training /performing animals PLESE NOTE NEW COVID RULES 2021
As part of your sheepdog experience you could learn:
- A variety of verbal sheepdog commands.
- How to put sheepdog commands into working practice.
- don't worry you don't need to whistle
- A comprehensive 1 hour approximate experience is normally one or two dog and handler with or without your friends or family as spectators , Mon /Fri ....... BUT large groups [ over 12 with spectators ] can sometimes have weekend bookings NEW UPDATES new rules now apply due to gov covid ring for details
- Tuition,can be one or two people handling one or two of our lovely sheepdogs with or without spectators [ . please note we dont take any spectators without the handlers unless is a large group for the demonstration only .
- AN EXTRA half hour session see how we start our young dogs off training £40. as an add on only after booking the one- to- one experience .
- booking in advance is Essential,spectators add £10
- for Corporate. Hen parties Kids parties with the runner ducks ,,county Team building, ect please get in touch for prices, ALSO NEW FOR 2018,[ SEE NEW RULES 2020 ]A SHEEPDOG DEMO AT TOTTERBANK,FOR A TOUR GROUP OR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO JUST WANT TO WATCH THE DOGS WORKING AND SHOWING OFF THE HANDLER SKILLS ,
- FOR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS please ring and we will try to help
Credit Card Payments
- we can accept most l major credit/ debit card payments or cleared chq , and you can book and pay on the phone, please note payments are not refundable and non transferable early booking are best
|Sheepdog Demo Only||half hour and up to 12 people in same family, price on request|
|One-to-One Tuition||approx hour session in 2nd field - £80 each and up to 3 handlers only|
|Spectators with a handler||£10 per person [ with the person booking handling|
|to book the extra half hour to watch a Young dog" training session as an add on to the one- to- one session please add £45 extra, .|
Advisory Information T and C
- Please ring 07788298432 . for details on bookings -
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, PLEASE NOTE after that they are void.,, !
- we are not open to the general public as everyone is pre booked in advance , and Coach trip demos please ring for more information to book times
- Don't forget to bring suitable waterproofs and warm clothing. IF COLD WEATHER .
- Remember to bring stout waterproof, non-slip foot wear or Wellington boots and.you must be fit enough to move around the sheep
- Please think carefully before booking. If you have a fear/allergy of dogs, sheep or farm animals ect then this experience is not suitable for you .and please don't have clothes that you mind getting muddy !
Dates AND TIMES booked CAN NOT BE CHANGED
you are booking that time SESSION ,, spectators ie your friends or family are £10 per person , take photos yes ! but NO filming sorry without permission. we can also offer TEAM BUILDING AND CORPORATE EVENTS , ask for details.......advance booking only , email firstname.lastname@example.org we have public liability ins PLEASE NOTE . WE ARE . MONDAY TO FRIDAY FOR SHEEPDOG EXPERIENCE but corporate event or family demonstrations ect can sometimes be done at a weekend please ring for prices and dates news WE HAVE SANITIZER ON THE GATE PLEASE USE THIS or your own IN AND GOING OUT